BGI has the following 6+ month contract opportunity with our direct client, located in New York, NY
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Business Analyst will supplement the team that is implementing a new Work Order Management system for a major broadcaster as part of a large-scale program. This person will work directly with the core Project Team, Business Architect, Application Development team, and Integrations Test Team as well as other members of the projects that comprise the program.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Gather and document business requirements, including business process workflows, use cases as well as maintaining a functional requirements inventory matrix.
· Work with design leads on the program-level metadata model, maintain metadata model for system, and make the necessary configuration and UI modifications in software as required.
· Contribute to integration touchpoint documentation for the program, and work with other program teams to understand and analyze how system is impacted.
· Assist QA Analyst with test case creation from use cases and work with the QA team to ensure proper and complete testing of application functionality and integrations to other systems.
· Support software testing sessions with the business, write UAT test scripts to ensure functionality is configured per requirements, and support program integration UAT as needed.
· Recommend process and systems improvements to streamline and optimize business workflow.
· Contribute to team’s inventory of documents for the project and program.
· Perform troubleshooting, analysis, problem solving, exception handling, and re-processing as necessary to ensure reliable operations.
· Manage multiple deliverables in a highly energized and fast-paced environment.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (Both Internal & External)
· Core project team
· Business architect
· Integrations test team
· Application development team
· System vendors
QUALIFICATIONS (Required & Preferred)
· Bachelor’s degree, with 5+ years of BA experience in the media industry
· Experience with Xytech MediaPulse and WideOrbit Program (also known as Mediagenix What’s On in Europe) or Evertz Mediator plus
· Experienced with data modeling and metadata mapping
· Experience in writing functional and technical documentation to include but not limited to: BRDs, FRDs, Use Cases, Test Cases and process workflow diagrams
· Very strong analytical skills and problem-solving aptitude
· Excellent knowledge, with proven experience, of Microsoft Office/Office 365 applications
· Must have excellent time management skills
· Proven logical skills, detail oriented and strong organizational skills
· Must be a self-starter, work well independently and in a team environment
· Ability to work in a positive and focused manner during normal and stressful times
· Strong oral and written communication skills as interfacing with developers, business users, clients and business partners are critical to success
· Ability to handle sudden changes, to adjust competing priorities and to meet deadlines