BGI has the following full time position available with our direct client located in Manhattan
The onsite technician is responsible for providing onsite end user support at the client’s midtown Manhattan office. This relates to all technology utilized by the client, including workstations, servers, printers, networking equipment, internet service providers, telephone system support, and third-party software. The role also carries project implementation responsibilities with regards to all implemented products & technologies. This includes, but is not limited to, workstation builds and deployments, server & network equipment installations, ISP deployments, application installation and upgrades, business continuity and disaster recovery testing.
· IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications
· Support services for Microsoft related technologies: This includes areas such as basic troubleshooting of Exchange, and adds/moves/changes for AD accounts.
· Work with the project management team on PC builds and network equipment deployments
· Troubleshoot PC connectivity issues.
· Troubleshoot network elements including ISP circuits, firewalls, network switches, wireless equipment and telephone system.
· Installation of Microsoft and all 3rd party software such as Autodesk, Bluebeam & Docuware.
· Remote access solution (VPN) implementation and support
· Document and update the client environment
· Escalate service issues when required
· Communication with customers as required, keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
· Monitor network performance for availability, utilization and latency. Take the appropriate measures to resolve throughput issues, escalating to the support team as required.
· Keeps IT Rooms clean and organized.
· Oversees the maintenance and tracking of assets.
· Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery testing
· Advise and train staff on computer operations and software applications
· New staff onboarding participation
· 2-year degree in Computer & Information Science, Computer Information Systems, or closely related field is preferred.
· Minimum 2 years of experience as an onsite or field service technician.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills. Candidate needs to be able to tailor communication to the proper skill level of the end-user, and include the appropriate detail to manage the end-user’s expectations.
· Enlists the support of others, identifies key decision makers and builds alliances to advance business needs.
· Highly organized and composed under pressure.
· Able to work independently to manage strict timelines with multiple projects in order to meet deadlines under high-pressure environment.
· A+ certification
· Experience building desktops and laptops.
· Experience racking, stacking and patching network equipment.
· Ability to improve customer service satisfaction
· Enter and update all work as service tickets into ConnectWise. Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
· Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
· Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
· Principles, techniques, and concepts of network administration
· Demonstrates consistency in ability to be flexible.
· Identifies and acts on problems quickly, decisively and effectively. Responds quickly to staff and peers.