BGI has the following contract position with our direct client located in Elizabeth NJ. In person interview required, local candidates only
Role and Responsibilities
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will be part of a team that is designing and building the next generation of business intelligence tools that will support management and users with the data and information necessary to make informed business decisions. Specifically the BI Developer will have the self-motivated drive, attention to detail, a collaborative work style, and a passion for solving hard problems as quickly as possible. The BI developer will communicate and report on all BI activity and phases of the project.
· Minimum of 4 years with Dimensional Insight’s DIVER Business Intelligence tool. Experience with COGNOS may be substituted for exceptional candidates.
· Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to BI tools.
· Must be able to document data flow, and operations.
· ODBC use with DB2 & SQL Server databases.
· Previous experience with IBM and Microsoft systems.
· Experience following requirements to build dashboards, reports, etc.
· Ability to collaborate and communicate with users, and other members of the team.
· Ability to train users.
· Strong SQL skills
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· A college degree or equivalent work experience
· Visio (or similar)
Nice to have
· IBM System I (AS/400)
· Warehouse Management Systems.
· JD Edwards software
· SQL/DB2 communications
· Beverage industry experience
· Experience in the following departmental areas
o Customer Service
o Brand Management