BGI has the following 6+ month remote position that has a possibility of extension
Our client is looking for a Reporting Analyst to join Technology and Data Analysis Team(s). As the company continues its transformational journey, this position will play a role in supporting the Marketing and Product Development teams as they continue to adapt to the new tools provided as part of the implementation of the Infor M3 ERP system. The Birst tool, also an Infor product, is being used in the development of analytics to drive improvement in business processes.
· Support the roadmap of data and analytics related projects to support upcoming business changes in Marketing and Product Development and partner with internal and external teams to implement accordingly
· Interacts with business engagement teams to define dashboards and reporting solutions to meet diverse, complex business needs.
· Understanding of overall business and end-user data and insights needs
· Understand business metrics, business rules and data requirements
· Develop ad-hoc reports, analysis, insights, and recommendations
· Provide proactive production support for Birst and other BI/Analytics applications (Reports and Dashboards). This includes monitoring usage patterns and recommending improvements.
· Perform data discovery by exploring data from internal and external systems to derive business rules
· Analyzing data sets in support of data investigations
Experience & Personal Qualities
· 6+ years professional experience in report/dashboard design and development (Birst or other Data Analytics Software)
· Experience with integrated ERP, WMS, Shipping, Order Entry, Planning and Budgeting products in a cloud environment as data sources.
· Professional experience in Order-to-Cash, Supply Chain, Product Lifecycle Management, technology or training with progressively increasing responsibility.
· Strong understanding of technology, business systems and product management analytics data
· Understanding of Retail / Wholesale data landscape (Merchandising, Marketing, Supply Chain, Customer etc.)
· Highly developed analytical, problem-solving, change management and consulting skills
· Excellent interpersonal, teamwork & collaboration skills
· Ability to work and achieve objectives independently and as part of a team
· Ability to work with business teams, systems team and outside consulting resources
· Proactive approach to meeting business needs and identifying business opportunities
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Required Skill Set
· Hands on experience and thorough understanding of a Data Analytics Product (Birst, DI Diver, Power BI or a similar Data Analytics Suite)
· Ability to navigate through existing reporting capabilities / dashboards and develop understanding of their functionality
· Ability to access needed data for Product / Marketing teams based on analytical / use case needs
· Able to transfer knowledge to product team members on how / where to access needed analytical capability
· Proven knowledge of data visualization best practices and ability to create stunning dashboards that tell a clear, contextual story
· Experience working in Retail / Wholesale / B2B
· In depth knowledge of BI concepts, methodologies and architectures.
· In depth understanding of database structures, data lake, data warehouse and ETL
· Good understanding of Microsoft Suite on the Cloud Platforms (Office 365)
· Requires strong decision-making, organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.