BGI has the following contract based opportunity with our direct client in Elizabeth, NJ
Role and Responsibilities
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall coordination and control of all efforts relating to a multi-team, multiphase systems modernization and re-engineering initiative that will encompass many aspects of our client's business and I.T. systems. Specifically, the Project Manager will:
· Assemble and lead the Project Team(s) associated with each in-scope project component
· Plan, document, track, communicate and report on all workstreams and phases of the project.
· Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with project stakeholders, project teams and other staff members
The project manager’s team will:
· Consist of externally sourced Business Analysts, Data Architects, Application Architects, UI/UX designer and IBM I Programmer/Analysts, and internal technical and business subject matter experts.
· Interface with all departments (i.e. Finance, Purchasing, Customer Service, Sales, Marketing, Warehouse and I.T.).
· Report to the CIO and provide progress on a regular basis.
· Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience in a distribution environment.
· Supply chain project delivery experience
· Conceptual and/or system experience and familiarization with the following functions
o Finance and accounting
o Sales and marketing
o Warehouse and inventory
o Customer Service
o Order Entry
· Presentation, documentation and communication skills.
· Previous experience with IBM and Microsoft systems.
· Microsoft Office
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· A college degree or equivalent work experience
· Professional certifications, PMP or equivalent work experience
· MS Project (or similar)
· Visio (or similar)
Nice to have
· IBM System I (AS/400)
· MS SQL Server
· DB2 Database
· Warehouse Management Systems.
· JD Edwards software
· SQL/DB2 communications
· Beverage industry experience
The individual taking this position should be technologically sound, and possess the necessary business acumen required to successfully communicate with and understand the user community. Writing and presentation skills are essential to convey concepts, and design. Interpersonal skills are necessary to gather and disseminate business requirements. Local candidates only.