Business Process Engineer
As a Business Process Engineer you will analyze business processes and workflows with the objectives of finding ways to lean, improve or automate using process mapping and business process reengineering methodologies. You will participate in identified process improvement initiatives and in cross-functional teams to deliver on business objectives. You will be responsible for consulting with stakeholders to gain an understanding of the business and business strategy with a focus on improving business processes and transactional operations as well as identify process improvements in specific areas with a focus on ROI. In addition, you will analyze issues to determine root causes, and identify a desired future state as well as methods to monitor and measure the results, potential opportunities, needs, issues, and problems that could impact business results. Finally, you will ensure process documentation is well-structured and clearly articulated to stakeholders.
The initial focus of this assignment will be to document current state processes for the end to end sales order lifecycle and identify/implement opportunities for process improvement.
· Guide development of business process improvement and reengineering strategies & activities.
· Re-engineer business processes by: creating AS-IS and TO-BE business process documentation, interviewing key stakeholders, identifying gaps and opportunities from an efficiency and effectiveness perspective.
· Lead process optimization projects/project teams through the Lean and Reengineering activities such as communicating the need for change, defining process key performance indicators (KPI) and comparing KPIs to present efficiency increase
· Lead organizational change and development efforts as needed
· Coordinates work with technology teams to help ensure people and process goals are aligned with technical requirements.
· Identify opportunities for improvement across business units and supporting the sustainment and adoption of process change. This requires an ability to lead without formal authority, and influence at all levels of the organization.
· 5 or more years of professional experience performing business process improvement and change management tasks
· Expert level skills in interviewing business users and requirements gathering techniques
· Experience in leading BPR engagements as an external consultant
· Good knowledge of different business process improvement methodologies (Lean, SIPOC, DMAIC, VSM, Lean Six Sigma etc.)
· Proficient at leading teams and facilitating workshops
· Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
· Advanced problem solving, analytical and design skills
· Can autonomously work through complexities and issues rapidly to identify appropriate timely actions
· Understanding and experience with sales process is a plus