BGI has the following contract based opportunity with our direct client located in NY, NY
One or more of the following is required: CISA, GCCC, or CISSP.
Seeking an information security professional for a 6-month contract to augment the Compliance & Risk Assessment team in the role of IT Security Auditor. In this role, he/she will be primarily responsible for conducting IT Security Risk Reviews to evaluate IT solution providers; that is, analysis of technical services, applications, and infrastructure, with a focus on recommendations regarding security controls that will mitigate risk to our client and appropriately manage control of regulatory requirements.
Initiate and conduct risk assessment activities across the company including: Finance, Research, Health Care, and Educational business units;
Identify and document actionable items; including, additional IT security controls, policy changes, and operational improvements;
Prioritize and drive remediation to identified risks;
Prepare various statistical reports such as Key Risk Indicators (KRI);
Work with RSAM;
work independently as well as part of a team;
Incorporate CIS Critical Security Controls, NIST 800-53, 800-171, and ISO 27xxx.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Candidates should have:
- strong understanding of IT security concepts and risk assessment methodology
- awareness of cyber hacker techniques
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and
- thorough commitment and attention to quality and detail
- creative problem solving skills and resilient attitude when facing challenges
- global experience or not daunted by the size and complexity of an organization
- skills of perception and critical thinking.