BGI has the following full time role at our direct client.
The Field Service Technician providing on site support for Desktop, Server and Network related technology at customers n the Northern NJ area and extending to Tarrytown NY. Caniddates must have a car and be willing to travel daily to customers in Northern NJ. Will be reimbursed for travel related expenses
Field Service Support Technician – Northern NJ
The Field Service Technician is responsible for providing onsite support at our client’s locations in Northern New Jersey. This relates to all technology utilized by the client, including workstations, servers, printers, networking equipment, internet service providers, and third-party software. The role also carries project implementation responsibilities with regards to all implemented products & technologies. This includes, but is not limited to, workstation builds and deployments, server & network equipment installations, ISP deployments, application installation and upgrades, business continuity and disaster recovery testing.
The candidate will be reimbursed for their work related car/travel expenses.
· IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications
· Support services for Microsoft related technologies: This includes areas such as basic troubleshooting of Exchange, and adds/moves/changes for AD accounts.
· Work with the project management team on PC builds and network equipment deployments
· Troubleshoot PC connectivity issues.
· Troubleshoot network elements including ISP circuits, firewalls, network switches, wireless equipment and telephone system.
· Installation of Microsoft and all 3rd party software.
· Remote access solution (VPN) implementation and support
· Document and update the client environment
· Escalate service issues when required
· Communication with customers as required, keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
· Monitor network performance for availability, utilization and latency. Take the appropriate measures to resolve throughput issues, escalating to the support team as required.
· Keeps IT Rooms clean and organized.
· Oversees the maintenance and tracking of assets.
· Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery testing
· Advise and train staff on computer operations and software applications
· New staff onboarding participation
· 2 year degree in Computer & Information Science, Computer Information Systems, or closely related field is preferred.
· Minimum 3 years of experience as an onsite or field service technician.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills. Candidate needs to be able to tailor communication to the proper skill level of the end-user, and include the appropriate detail to manage the end-user’s expectations.
· Able to work independently to manage strict timelines with multiple projects in order to meet deadlines under high-pressure environment.
· A+ certification
· Experience building desktops and laptops.
· Experience racking, stacking and patching network equipment.
· Ability to improve customer service satisfaction
· Enter and update all work as service tickets into ConnectWise. Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
· Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
· Principles, techniques, and concepts of network administration
· Knowledge of office terminology, practices and procedures.
· Demonstrates consistency in ability to be flexible.
· Identifies and acts on problems quickly, decisively and effectively. Responds quickly to staff and peers.
· Open to change and new approaches. Able to deal with ambiguity by responding appropriately & effectively to uncertain situations. Takes the time to listen, and encourages dialogue.