BGI has the following contract based opportunity with our direct client in New York
Our client is in the midst of a major transformation of its digital supply chain management capabilities. Program ADAM (Advance Digital Asset Management) spans business capabilities ranging from rights management, though content acquisition/ingest, work order management, and media asset management, ultimately powering the broadcast and distribution of our shows, movies, and digital streams.
The Chief Scrum Master’s (CSM)/Solution Train Engineer’s (STE) primary responsibility is to provide servant leadership across this large complex solution delvery program. The CSM/STE will help increase communication and coordination across several Agile delivery teams which are driving the iterative design, development, testing, vendor configurations and customizations, systems integration testing, and organizational change management.
The CSM/STE’s primary mission is to align the agile Delivery Teams, to enable them to achieve their independent and sometimes co-dependent objectives, whilst also serving as a point of escalation for competing priorities, resources demands, and timeline dependencies and release alignment.
Chief Scrum master / Solution Train Engineer responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Work with the Business Architects (Master Backlog Owners) to establish and communicate the Release Plan Calendar and to help plan and align the individual Deliuvery Team release timelines
· Work with product owners to optimize the flow of business value, i.e., user stories delivered by the individual Delivery Teams based on both the Master Backlog and Release Plan priorities as well as the individual Delivery Team Sprint Backlogs
· Work collaboratively and proactively with all participants in the agile solution development and delivery process – lead by example encouraging individual ownership, cross team/function collaboration, transparency and trust
· Create and manage an enterprise-wide release calendar and work closely with the Release Manager to plan, coordinate and execute releases
· Aid in the facilitation and communication of the release schedules, details, dependencies, and status to the Program stakeholders
· Ensures that all program artifacts are made transparent to the organization including product backlogs, team progress, board, and sprint backlogs
· Promotes proactive, self-governing/managing Delivery Teams and providing points of escalation when conflicts between Delivery teams arise
· Mentor or coach the Scrum Masters of each Delivery Team to maximize Sprint Planning to ensure that each team is optimally planning capacity and achieving maximum velocity
· Help manage Delivery Team risks and dependencies, escalate and track Delivery Team obstacles and conflicts, and input and solutioning on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
· Manage Program-level risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
· Provide facilitation and resolution of resource and dependent event conflicts
· Escalate (through the Scrum of Scrums and if needed to Steerco) competing business priorities and resource constraints for timely resolution, i.e., in-Sprint, hour-to-hour and day-to-day as needed
· Assist in tracking Delivery Team metrics for both value delivered, burn down, velocity, etc.
· Coach Delivery Team leaders, Scrum teams, and Scrum Masters in Agile best practices tools, methods, and above all mindsets
· Assist with Program-level budget and forecasting economic decisions by facilitating feature and capability estimation by the Delivery Teams and the roll-up into Epics, where necessary
· Strong leadership and communication skills; conflict resolution, negotiation, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact with business stakeholders proactively. Agile introduces a new delivery model based on trust and requires cultural change. A strong CSM/STE will engender trust with both the Scrum Teams and the Business Stakeholders and Steerco.
· 10 years of large scale Program Management experience with 5 – 7 years of experience in Agile, i.e., Scrum of Scrums, SAFe, continuous delivery, etc., where there will be multiple code/config releases across multiple systems and environments - Dev, Test, Stage, and Production - that require coordination
· Knowledge of Scrum and Kanban (or equivalents) and associated tools/methods - backlog tracking, burndown charts, velocity tracking, and other means of tracking sprint progress
· Understanding of iterative technical solution development
· 3-year minimum experience managing with backlog tools, specifically JIRA
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or PSM equivalent
· Previous “Big 6” consulting experience in large scale business transformations
· Experience working with 3rd party business systems (i.e. Xytech MediaPulse, WideOrbit Program, Evertz Mediator, IBM Enterprise Service Bus)
· Project management Professional (PMP) certification