The BICITIS Group has the following direct client contract in Maryland Heights, MO
The Program Manager/Finance Manager must be a highly motivated, strategic thinker that is a self-starter focused on providing project management and leadership in a fast-paced environment and be able to demonstrate independent work skills and strong work ethic. Program Managers are accountable for the success of projects, programs, or portfolios under their supervision. They should have extensive experience with planning and executing a pilot and launch for each project which meets intended business outcomes, ideally on time, on budget, and within scope according to business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of these projects, the PM is responsible for making appropriate tradeoffs with project teams to mitigate any issues or risks.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following)
Strategy and Governance
• Demonstrate critical thinking and planning skills at a strategic, global level.
• Ability to translate strategic plans into specific objectives, and to create and execute project plans to achieve objectives.
• Connect project messaging and reporting to strategic business initiatives.
• Represent the project at project governance and inter-department forums.
• Align projects to project methodology compliance standards set by the enterprise.
• Create and maintain standards, processes and communications.
Business Relationship Management
• Develop communication plans to interface and actively engage all business partners.
• Communicate effectively between Product Manager, Stakeholders, IT, Learning & Development, Training, Operations, Call Centers, and others as needed.
• Communicate project and program progress to key constituents.
• Work with Product Team to ensure alignment with roadmaps and stakeholder expectations.
Project and Program Delivery
• Define and create project plans for projects, portfolio and implementation.
• Build and manage detailed Pilot roll out plans (Purpose and goals, Scope, Timeline, Activities, Tasks, How Conducted, Tracking Needs, Tools, Resources, Training, Communication, Monitoring, Evaluation)
• Build and manage detailed Launch roll out plans (Apply Lessons Learned from Pilot, Account for Barriers, Scope, Timeline, Tasks, Training, Communication, Monitoring, Transition)
• Collaborate with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria for pilot and launch.
• Manage all aspects of the project life cycle, and work with team members to oversee all phases of project completion.
• Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the project lifecycle.
• Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as encountered.
• Coordinates deployments with IT and affected Business partners.
• Work with IT counterpart to track progress on project timelines and milestones.
Finance High Level Responsibilities
• Responsible for managing all aspects of project budgets including forecasts, funding requests, invoice tracking, cost allocation, and reporting as necessary.
• Support the forecast and budget process for expense and capital, and ensure all procedures and activities comply with corporate guidelines.
• Identify trends in financial performance and provide recommendations for improvement by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining models for monthly reporting, including headcount summaries, forecasts, and planning.
• Serve as a liaison between IT leadership and delivery leads to communicate financial expectations and ensure key financial reporting and metrics are analyzed and acted upon in a timely manner.
• Work closely with other business partner teams, including Procurement and Business Planning, to ensure alignment regarding financial objectives and tasks.
• Assist with ad hoc information and reporting requests from leadership as needed.
• Coordinate operating expense variance analysis and reporting.
• Review expense entries of the assigned business unit leaders and understand timing of their projects prior to submission to Accounting.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts including pre-pays and accruals.
• Vendor Management from finance perspective.
Finance Low Level Responsibilities:
• Work with vendors to request all SOWs/WOs prior to expiration/year end
• Process, Complete templates and Track all SOWs via Central Contracts Group
• Process, Complete templates and Track all Work Orders via Central Purchasing Group
• Complete templates and track all Purchase Orders through Ariba system
• Send Purchase Order number to each vendor
• Process and Track monthly external project re-classes per project
• Submit monthly re-classes for external projects
• Process and Track other re-class transactions
• Review and Approve invoices receipts via Ariba
• Enter all actuals in appropriate spreadsheets (Lewis Budget Tracker)
• Reforecast remainder of the years as actuals come in
• Work with IT Finance to coordinate monthly budget meetings
• Track burn rates
• Update corporate budget sheets for each forecast process
• Enter all variances on a monthly basis (work with IT to complete theirs)
• Validate/Track actuals in Accounting Ledger document
• Validate/Track all Capex dollars
• Validate/Track all Opex dollars
• Work with Business Planning on any budget requests
• Updated all Finance process flows as the process changes
• Submit accruals and re-accruals on a monthly basis
• Add/Remove contractors to the Lewis Budget spreadsheet
• Attend weekly Finance call with Business Planning
• Contact vendors to reconcile missing invoices
• Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
• Strong team leadership skills
• Ability to influence, motivate, and mobilize teams and business partners
• Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, and unpredictability
• Excellent task management, organization, and team collaboration skills
• Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Sound business and technology acumen
• Proficient with Project and Portfolio Management Tools. (Visio, MS Project, SharePoint, etc.)
• Familiar with PMI or equivalent methodology
• Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management and SDLC methodologies and tools (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Iterative)
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• PMP certification preferred
• Ideal candidates should have experience as a Program Manager working on Product Development SDLC projects and programs
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Program Management/Portfolio Management role; may come from one of several backgrounds in IT management, business unit management or consulting
• Ideal candidates should have experience as a Program Manager working on Product Development SDLC projects and programs. Experience delivering Agile Scrum projects in addition to standard waterfall methodology is preferred.