BGI has the following contract based opportunity with our direct client located in New York, NY
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
The rate of change in all businesses and markets is increasing. The role of the business analyst is increasingly important in both strategic analysis as well as tactical problem solving. Business Analysts that typically focused on requirements analysis, gap analysis, design, and delivery of business solutions are being called upon to turn around rapid analysis of options and implications to drive strategic decision-making at speed.
Business Analysts are also on the forefront of change which increases the need for Change Management skills including organizational impact analysis, training, and communications. This increases the need for strong relationship management, expectation management, and communication skills.
In the past there was value in defining scope and using that scope definition as a lever or guardrails to drive tactical execution. Agile delivery methods require flexibility, faster decision-making, and creative options that lead to Minimum Viable Products quickly and ultimately durable, scalable products and services.
Speed, change, and higher business expectations powered by technology are requiring Senior Business Analysts to take a leadership role in driving change, to emphasize innovative problem-solving techniques, leverage frameworks for rapid decision-making, agile delivery methods to meet ongoing demand for change, and an even closer understanding of what the business needs to do in the future, not just in the near term.
We have an opportunity to build business process driven solution and services, powered by technology, that solve both internal business needs as well as partner and consumer market facing solutions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Understands broader business strategies, associated business processes, and implications/value of change
· Able to identify Business Architecture risk areas and inform Technical Architecture decisions and risk areas
· Able to craft business cases, develop ROI models and develop RFPs to help inform business options and decisions
· Manages relationships and expectations by presenting multiple solution options with the associated implications and a recommendation
· Effective at both formal and informal methods of communication that build trust and insight to drive effective decision-making
· Able to take broader role including leading or managing projects or individual workstreams as necessary. Can work independently without heavy oversight
· Can serve as a key point of contact with system vendors. This includes but isn’t limited to: prioritization of enhancement requests and bug fixes, assessing and planning for system upgrades
· Can play the role of Solution or Business Architect - solves more complex problems that may span multiple domains, businesses, disciplines, and systems.
· Strong interview/discovery skills – gathers and organizes information with the appropriate methods and tools to effectively decompose business processes into requirements
· Able to drive root cause analysis and develop implications and solution options/recommendations
· Responsible for aligning effort with business needs. Works with Program/Project managers to optimize analysis, design, and testing, needs to meet broader program objectives and timelines
· Able to apply both experience and intuitive judgement to solve structured and unstructured problems – knows which techniques to apply in these different situations
· Understanding of Data Architecture objectives, issues, risks and implications
· Sufficient technical acumen to work closely with Technical teams for solutioning
· Stays current with new problem-solving techniques, technologies, and methods to help enable change
· Years of experience: 5 – 10 years with specific domain or industry focus
· Broadcast or Media experience preferred
· Experience with both large scale enterprise class project delivery as well as smaller, Agile, self-directed team execution
· Experience working in either a Waterfall method or Agile method
· Experience with finance systems and understanding of accounting principals
Knowledge and Skills
· Strong collaboration skills, listening skills, problem solving skills, and presentation skills
· Strong time management and prioritization skills. Able to juggle multiple stakeholder demands and prioritize to reduce risk and increase speed to value
· Able to decompose problems quickly and perform root cause analysis. Able to quickly gain confidence from business stakeholders that the problem is well defined and that options to solve it are clear and concise
· Ability to run various types of meetings, i.e., discovery, elaboration, problem solving, etc., efficiently and effectively. Able to demonstrate that we are making the best use of our stakeholders’ time.
· Motivated to find, create, and leverage innovative modelling and problem solving techniques
· Bachelor’s degree in either the arts or computer science, engineering, or a related field, as well as experience working in collaborative problem-solving environments. Advanced degree preferred and/or demonstrable performance as a change agent.