The position of NOC Engineer requires a broad knowledge base of networking, server support, and the implementation and administration of virtual environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Onsite and remote IT support of technical issues with regards to Microsoft's core business applications and operating systems
· Site surveys performed in preparation of onboarding new clients, or upcoming project work.
· Project work for client-site equipment refreshes. This includes the buildout of network, server and storage hardware, software recommendations, and physical installation at the customer site.
· Technical services and support at the network level, including WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
· Support of internal networks and VoIP phone platform
· Installation and support for remote access platforms such as VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
· Level 3 ticket handling
· Provide escalated support for the technicians in the Network Operations Center. (NOC)
· Escalate urgent matters with the NOC and ATO IT management – ensure we are meeting our service level agreements
· Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
· Document client site hardware, processes and procedures. Results are posted to IT Glue.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
· Background in networking and routing protocols. Experience with Cisco equipment a plus
· Configuring and supporting firewalls and wireless networking
· Ability to support Atlantic internal networks and VoIP phones
· Experience with server builds, configuring and troubleshooting desktops and laptops
· Ability to configure and support VMware and storage area networks
· Background in on-prem and cloud-based backups
· Experience in supporting the Microsoft Exchange environment
· Problem solving, troubleshooting and diagnosis skills for technical issues
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, active listening and customer-care focus
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes