BGI has the following full time opportunity with our direct client located in Elizabeth NJ
The onsite support technician is responsible for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of IT platforms at our client in Elizabeth, NJ. This relates specifically to laptops and desktop workstations, servers, wireless and wired network connectivity, telephones, printers, network switches and routers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide onsite support for troubleshooting of desktops, laptops, servers and network equipment.
· Escalate onsite issues to the Network Operation Center
· Managing tickets assigned through Connectwise ticketing system.
· Provide support of Microsoft core business applications.
· Troubleshooting of Active Directory/Exchange issues
· Building and maintaining desktops and laptops.
· Installation of software for end-users.
· Maintenance and troubleshooting servers.
· VMware server configuration and maintenance.
· Installation of peripheral hardware.
· Troubleshooting of wired and wireless network connections
· Installing and troubleshooting desktop phones. Work with support vendor on phone system problems.
· Work with support vendor on 3rd party application issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Network connectivity - switches and routers
· Experience with all aspects of server support
· Knowledge of VMware environments.
· Experience building desktops and laptops.
· Experience in creating group policies in Active Directory.
· Experience in applying folder permissions.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Customer care focus.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment.