BGI has the following 6+ month contract opportunity with our direct client located in NY, NY
- Our client is looking for a Data Engineer to join an innovative team responsible for designing and implementing API solutions and strategy. This individual will be involved and will participate in all aspects of the API development lifecycle from, helping gather requirements, designing features, triaging/troubleshooting issues, to code reviewing and mentoring. We have a strong commitment to quality and believe that security, usability, and reliability are critical to the APIs we build.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience with JAVA, J2EE (Spring) and REST/SOAP Web Services.
- 3+ years of hands-on development experience working with APIs and API Gateway product. Building API Proxies and API Policies. Preferably on Mulesoft AnyPoint platform.
- Experience connecting applications in the Cloud with API services and data stores on-prem and exposure to solutions like AWS-EC2/S3/Direct Connect etc.
- Experience with OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications and RAML/YAML.
- Experience designing integrations solutions moving data sets of all sizes connecting File Systems, OLTP, OLAP, Data Lakes, No SQL & Big Data environments using batch, request/response & real-time streaming paradigms. Prior experience designing integration data hubs is a plus.
- Hands-on experience working with various technologies such as Spring, Tomcat, RESTful Architectures, XML, JSON, Java.
- Must have experience with DevOps culture and tools such as Gitlab and Jenkins for CI/CD.
- Good understanding of API security: Authentication, Authorization, Federation, and Delegation.
- Understanding of Architecture and design patterns, best code practices, defensive programming and able to write framework level code.
- Unix Shell scripting experience will be a big plus.
- Ability to write automated tests for APIs.
- Experience on Mulesoft AnyPoint platform. Certifications with Mulesoft a big plus.
- Knowledge of (SDLC) software methodologies (e.g., SCRUM/Agile, Waterfall); Agile development is preferred.
- Cloud experience is a plus (AWS services).
and 0 years
Scripting & Shell Languages
UNIX Shell Scripting