BGI has the following contract to hire opportunity with our direct client located in Philadelphia, PA
Reporting to the Vice President Product Implementation & Integration, the contractor, Sr. Technical Project Manager is responsible for directing the implementation of projects including the definition, development, delivery and deployment of quality solutions to meet sponsor / stakeholder needs (including changes to agreed requirements) and that are compatible with business drivers defined by the business.
He/ she directs project: scope, cost, schedule, risk, human resources, communications, procurement and change on the projects to which they are assigned.
He / she has expertise in software application development, systems implementation, enhancement, and testing methods.
The technical Sr. PM will serve as the scrum-master and / or release train engineer for the product(s) he / she is responsible for.
• Ability to direct large business Initiatives such as product development and implementation, acquisitions, infrastructure upgrades, etc.
• Technical project manager / scrum master for multiple scrum teams and as Release Train Engineer (RTE), as needed
• Manage and provide leadership to technical staff (via matrix) with process-focus and decision-making ability. Is relied upon as a Project / Program Management SME
• Participate as an active stakeholder during requirements definition / analysis for all of the various intra and inter-project dependencies across the entire Program. Works with Product to ensure expectations to meet Business acceptance of the product.
• Manage and coordinate strategic project activities to ensure that customer objectives, as well as overall technology and company objectives, are being met
• Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Document and present project status to team members, stakeholders and management.
• Identify, manage and minimize exposure and risk on projects.
• Gain approval on documented requirements from the business/user group so as to facilitate the development of accurate functional specifications.
• Coordinate user acceptance testing and signoff.
• Initiate and monitor all change requests to ensure timely and accurate solutions.
• Initiate projects following appropriate project management methodology and company processes.
• Define and follow project management methods, procedures, and quality objectives, including metrics for assessing progress.
• Manage projects to ensure that the project deliverables are on time and at the required level of quality.
• Identify resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
• Perform administrative function related to status reporting, change management and project intake/prioritization.
• Proven demonstration of project and program management abilities and advanced PM knowledge, beyond PMI PMP Certification, e.g., PgMP Certification desired.
• Expertise in the implementation of projects following an agile software development methodology.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
• 5 or more years of formal project management responsibility, demonstrating leadership skills and managing technical staff and financial resources through various life-cycle phases (cross functional experience highly desirable)
• Scrum master certification is a plus.
• 5 or more years of management experience in which one or more of the following has occurred:
o Successful development and implementation of applications in new computing architecture environments using new and emerging technologies
o Demonstrated competency in managing resources to meet project goals
o Demonstrated leadership and relationship management abilities
• Proficiency in MS Office – Visio, MS Project, and MS PPT; knowledge of WorkFront a plus
• Proficiency in JIRA and Confluence
• Strong oral and written communication skills; an ability to present and discuss technical, functional and managerial information clearly and concisely, establish rapport, persuade others, and gain understandings
• Ability to perform multiple tasks and adjust priorities based on workload, management directives, and customer demands
• Flexible management style; ability to quickly adapt to diverse and changing environments