BGI has the following 4 month remote contract position available with our direct client
Senior QA Analyst
Key required Skills:
1. Quality assurance experience – Organize all aspects of the quality assurance process, and therefore, need to be familiar with that process. This knowledge comes from previous experience in a QA role. Requirement is to have a minimum of 3 years experience as a hands on Lead.
2. Interpersonal skills – need to constantly communicate with IT and Business Resources on the project. As such, they should be really good at interpersonal verbal, oral, and written communication. Throughout all phases of product development they should be proactive to report progress, plans, and problems to upper management and other involved parties and also ask feedback from upper management and implement the suggested changes in as efficient a way as possible.
3. Automation/ Technical experience: It is preferable to have some kind of Technical/ automation experience so as to guide the team in framing intelligent test cases/ bug reporting and involvement in requirements discussion with project teams.
4. Test plan development – The testing plan is one of the most important parts of quality assurance. Candidates should be familiar with creating and executing quality assurance test plans to ensure the product being released is up to industry and company standards and publish test status reports.
5. Time, Resource and project management – able to juggle multiple projects at a given time, they should be excellent at time, resource and project management so they don’t delay the project. In order to maintain deadlines, Should also evaluate the team throughout the life of the project to identify areas where improvement can be made.
6. Industry-specific skills/certifications (nice to have) – should have knowledge specific to the industry in which they are working. In this case it is Supply Chain Management solutions, preferably Blue Yonder or AS400.
Tools Knowledge :
- JIRA – Defect tracking and task creation tool
- Confluence/Google Suite/Smartsheets – Repository of ELC Documentation
Planning and controlling the testing process and ensuring the QA processes are being followed by the team
Working closely with the Product teams to clearly understand the assumptions, background and risks for all allocated pieces of delivery
Clear communication on the QA plan and strategy, challenges faced and its impact in the deliverables to the stakeholders
Ensuring that tasks are allocated and delivered according to the plan and escalate where a deviation to plan is likely
Participate in the requirement meetings and proactively provide feedback wherever required.
Creating QA test plans/strategy for any features , rollouts or enhancements and getting sign off form the stakeholders
Accepting and clarifying the requirements and ensuring they are precisely defined
Escalating issues/concerns immediately in order to avert projects running over time/budget
Ensuring that all risks and issues are communicated to stakeholders
Should be hands on and drive both QA and UAT efforts. Should be able to debug and execute automation scripts.