BGI has the following full time position with our direct client located in Seattle, WA
As Director of Infrastructure in the IT group, you will lead internal IT functions that include Azure infrastructure, Data Center/Hosting, 24/7 Operations Center, Infrastructure Architecture/Design/Build, Help Desk and Security.
You will work with a skilled team of infrastructure engineers and technicians across multiple high-profile projects, with responsibility from concept to implementation and support. Much of your success in this role is dependent upon timely, clear, concise and effective verbal and written communication.
· Provide technical leadership in design, architecture and administration of new and existing infrastructure technologies, solving for problem areas and ensuring product and service quality.
· Develop and manage the budget for the infrastructure group, communicating with IT leadership budget and forecast direction and changes.
· Manage licensing of our software & budgets for the same.
· Oversee advanced administration, maintenance, setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of storage, server, network, security and monitoring systems.
· Oversee and coordinate IT wide Disaster Recovery planning and testing exercises.
· Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress, quality & managing issue resolution.
· Manage risks, assessing gaps/opportunities, and implementing action plans to mitigate risks.
· Promote effective teamwork & manage/staff team appropriately according to business needs.
· Develop team members and deal effectively and independently with critical conversations.
· Communicate project status to management, sponsors & vendors, as appropriate.
· Develop, support & communicate engineering & operational policies, standards, guidelines & procedures.
· Develop and maintain system image as well as hardware standards.
· Deliver complex projects using in-depth knowledge within the Infrastructure & Operations domain.
· Recommend, implement and enforce policies and procedures to improve the performance, scalability, and security of the infrastructure
We are seeking candidates with the following attributes.
· Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience leading Infrastructure & Operations, Data Center and Security domain teams.
· 5 -10 Years of proven experience working in and leading Infrastructure Engineering & Operations teams in a hybrid on-prem and SaaS environment.
· 3- 5 Years of hands-on expertise with infrastructure technologies to include Active/Active DC, SAN/NAS (e.g. 3PAR), Network(Cisco), Firewalls, Virtualization (VMware), Windows, Linux (e.g. RHEL), end user devices and backup technologies.
· Experience developing long-term strategies and influencing leadership decisions.
· Strong engineering and troubleshooting skills, in a 24/7 environment.
· Strong knowledge in SD-WAN/MPLS, Identity & Access Management, TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, DHCP, Active Directory, VPN, and Backup administration, SaaS services and system integration.
· Proven track record leading Data Center consolidation, upgrade and DR projects.
· Familiarity with IT Security, Release, Config and Change Management.
· Experience with Public & Private cloud setup and IT Automation.
· Strong knowledgeable on current Data Center related technologies in a highly available environment.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to manage competing priorities.
· Proven track record of developing individuals and building strong teams.
· High organization and planning skills.
· Ability to self-start and be versatile in a dynamic environment.
· CCNP, PMP, ITIL or other industry certifications are highly desired.