BGI has the following full time position with our direct client located in Seattle, WA
Director of IT PMO
The Director of IT PMO is responsible for optimal throughput of the IT delivery organization. This role is key to achieving a step change in IT Project Velocity and in maximizing the utilization of the IT organization. This role will lead efforts to understand and coordinate initiatives, to improve organization performance. It will be responsible for driving delivery excellence, continuous improvements and customer satisfaction consistent with organization strategy. It will have a keen awareness of all project metrics and will proactively drive consistent high-quality delivery across all projects. Where issues arise, the Director will identify them early and implement corrective action plans while communicating with the stakeholders.
This person will provide management direction to project managers responsible for scoping and executing initiatives, by partnering with senior team members in the IT teams (VP, Directors and Managers). The role will serve as a conduit for communication between Project Managers and IT executives to ensure the efficient delivery of projects, to achieve high customer satisfaction.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Director of IT PMO is primarily responsible for:
· Project Management
· Lead and direct project management activities.
· Ensure definition of cohesive plans across all work streams, adopting coordinated approach when utilizing cross-functional resources for project delivery.
· Effective project monitoring and control to assure delivery as planned, and in compliance with organization standards for quality. Develop and report appropriate metrics such that plan progress can be tracked by management. Identify deviations from the plan and recommend remedial actions.
· Identify risks, and development/facilitation of risk mitigation actions at the program level.
· Provide leadership in the creation, continuous improvement and execution of project management processes and practices. Monitor the compliance with the accepted processes to ensure that set requirements are met.
· Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure all project documentation is up to date.
· Diagnostics & Analytics
· Manage project metrics designed to monitor project success and report progress against the defined objectives, implementing corrective actions where required.
· Identify workflows/procedures that require enhancement/streamlining and identify ways to make them more effective.
· Build models to estimate project costs, assess resource needs, and forecast expenses over time.
· Conduct reviews with project managers and report status to provide a holistic view of all organizational project activity.
· Formulate recommendations and summarize findings via well-organized presentations to senior management; effectively summarize key information (e.g. cost savings, efficiency improvements, accountability metrics, etc.)
· Serve as escalation point for issues beyond project team authority; resolve conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or technical issues.
· Manage issues and decisions to timely resolution.
· Communicate with senior management teams to escalate/resolve project conflicts & needs
· Formulate plans to communicate, train stakeholders, and implement approved changes.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills
· Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years’ experience with Project Management or business consulting, MBA or equivalent education preferred.
· 5+ years of experience in program/project management, process engineering or strategy within a technology environment.
· Experience leading multiple projects and teams
· Problem-solver - must be able to identify risks and develop actionable mitigation plans
· Analytical - must have experience in using objective data to drive strategic recommendations
· Good Communicator - must be able to concisely explain complex issues, communicate well in writing and verbally, and be able to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote teams.
· Curious - must possess a desire to understand why/how things work vs. simply completing the task at hand
· Successful in managing multiple projects from start to finish (planning-closure).
· Experience with reviewing performance and developing staff
· Experience with business transformation and change management
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Ability to proactively develop and implement strategies that significantly mitigate risk
· Ability to work and adapt to change in a fast - paced environment
· Possesses strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint