BGI has the following 12 month contract position available at our direct client located in Manhattan
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for enhancing the quality of IT projects,products and services, analyzing data to define business needs and inform business decisions .The IT Business Analyst will play a key role in developing business cases and defining and managing IT technical and functional requirements during the IT Project Lifecycle.
- Collect document, and translate business goals into functional and technical requirements
- Document and diagram as-is processes and to-be processes, based on a detailed understanding of what is changing
- Facilitate process of evaluation proposed solutions to functional and business requirements
- Help the project team d draft business cases, charters, and other project documentation and artifacts, including cost and resource estimates and testing strategies.
- Assist PMs using requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests, and manage a project’s scope, acceptance, installation and deployment
- Assist the project team on assessing the impact to stakeholders and end users.
- Manage data gathering and analytics tasks
- Develop visual data representations including graphs, presentations, reports, dashboards and other decision support tools
- Develop supporting documentation, metrics, etc to identify areas for improvement initiatives as well as measuring initiative performance and success.
- Figuring out how the actual work differs from established policy, procedures and protocols
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and external vendors in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong analysis skills, with client facing experience.
- Ability to facilitate decision-making and consensus between diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to produce independently or work within a team environment.
- Good awareness of the IT project life cycle. General project management skills.
- Ability to draft and organize project documentation
- General understanding of data integrations between systems and information flow
- Proficiency in charts, pivot tables, dashboards, and creative data presentation
- Agility and adaptability: the ability to develop, share, and iterate on a weekly basis over multiple drafts
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of technology experience with at least 3 years hands-on or consulting experience
- Experience working in an academic environment, a University or educational institution preferred