The Network Operation Technician is responsible for providing remote service and support needs for our client's Managed IT customer base. This relates to all technology at the client site, including workstations, servers, printers, networking equipment, and vendor-specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications
· Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Office 365, Windows 10, Windows Server, Exchange, etc.
· Ability to troubleshoot network equipment including routers, switches and firewalls.
· Provisioning and installation of hardware and software as they relate to user workstations.
· Remote access solution installation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, RDS and Citrix
· Ability to troubleshoot VMware environments
· Strong communication skills, keeping the clients informed of their problem status and resolution.
· Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
· Ability to work in a team
· Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
· Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials
· Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
· Utilize RMM and network monitoring tools to diagnose problems remotely
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
· A+, Network+, Server+ certification or equivalent preferred.
· VMware, networking, and firewall knowledge.
· Problem solving, troubleshooting and diagnosis skills of technical issues
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly, including re-prioritizing assignments.
· Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
· Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment