The Salesforce Solution Architect will provide CRM design best practices and continuous improvement of the underlying technology functions. This position provides vision, leadership and overall responsibility for the technology needs of all business units currently leveraging CRM technologies. This role requires extensive CRM assessment, process mapping, gap-analysis, and features mapping experience within the Sales, Service and Marketing CRM ecosystem.
The candidate must demonstrate understanding of business drivers and how they influence the Salesforce design and they will manage the functional aspects of the development lifecycle. The Salesforce architect will collaborate with a team of engineers and SMEs to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs, to meet business needs with a consideration for business process and technology constraints
The candidate will own reviewing design elements and signing off on the overall functional design. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the system accurately meets the defined expectations of the business, ensuring that proper testing is implemented, and performance and security requirements are closely monitored by working with the project teams. The candidate must also be able to identify and confirm functional design risks, and develop mitigating approaches. The candidate must also have experience providing level of effort estimates for functional / Salesforce design portion of solutions.
The candidate will work across many different areas in close collaboration with non-technical colleagues as well as across other technical teams. This means that communication skills and the ability to describe technical issues in non-technical terms are particularly important.
As a Salesforce Solutions Architect, you will have oversight of and work within a single Implementation Team, but may be required to provide design input to multiple projects.
The Salesforce Solutions Architect will:
Collaborate with Functional team to determine how best to implement solution (decisions around declarative vs programmatic vs AppExchange, etc).
Escalation Point for functional application issues.
Collaborate with the VP of Customer Engagement Technologies to develop and execute a CRM application solution strategy and application design that support the business growth
· Leverage existing technologies deployed at Wiley to define enterprise centric CRM solutions
· Oversee solution architecture aspects of project life cycle, from project scoping and budgeting, initial project kickoff, through requirements gathering, gap analysis, design, implementation and application rollout
· Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into functional design documentation, leverage the CRM packaged applications out-of-the-box capabilities and product direction. We are looking for resource who can still do hands-on work, vs just manage the solution design effort:
-Hands-on responsibilities delivering CRM functional design, and architecture approaches
- Refinement and enforcement of development standards
- Scope Management Control
- Solution Quality Assurance / Management
. Expert platform and application knowledge for Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud and Salesforce CPQ
· Enterprise solution architect will be responsible for solution definition & architecture roadmap of portfolio of related projects.
· Will enable Solutions Architecture organization, with touch points to businesses and technology organizations
· Will develop end-to-end solutions architectures for major Wiley initiatives ensuring alignment with business objectives
· Strong knowledge of Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud and Salesforce CPQ
· Strong knowledge in Salesforce territory management, security/visibility, org consolidation and B2B and B2C CRM Salesforce models
· Ensure that design and development implications of new requirements can be understood in terms of effort and cost as well as technical implications; malfunctions can be diagnosed and fixed promptly; and so that it can be described to both technical and non-technical colleagues and development partners
· So that design and development implications of integrating and interoperability of the various systems can be understood in terms of effort and cost as well as technical implications; and so that it can be described to both technical and non-technical colleagues and development partners
· A minimum of 15 years of CRM experience
· A minimum of 10 years of solution architecture experience
· A minimum of 8 years of Salesforce experience
· Experience in designing and developing SaaS and PaaS software components
· End to End implementation experience with the Salesforce platform
· Ability to lead design sessions and communicate design options to clients
· Experience Salesforce Sales, Service, Marketing and CPQ processes and tools
· Ability to define the system landscape, to identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver a solution
· Experience designing Salesforce Lightning components is a must
· Salesforce architecture expertise within a large heavily integrated enterprise platform
· Meeting and facilitation skills
· Good team building and leading skills.
· Strong hands-on mentality, leads by example
· Client focused approach
· Ability to effectively build relationships at all levels