The Salesforce Technical Architect is expected to design technical architecture solutions that span multiple platforms and include integration and authentication across systems. The candidate must demonstrate understanding of business drivers and how they influence the Salesforce design. The Salesforce architect will collaborate with a team of engineers and SMEs to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs, to meet business needs with a consideration for business process and technology constraints
The Salesforce technical architect will manage the development lifecycle to ensure the delivery of highly secure solutions that are optimized for performance and built to scale; articulate design considerations, trade-offs, benefits, and recommendations for a technical architecture.
The candidate will be responsible for owning and delivering complex cloud based solutions using technologies such Salesforce, Heroku, AWS, Informatica and J2EE. The candidate will be responsible for owning the architecture and design of complex solution components (e.g., integration, security, custom development).
The candidate will own reviewing design elements and signing off on the overall technical design. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the system accurately meets the defined expectations of the business, ensuring that proper testing is implemented, and performance and security requirements are closely monitored by working with the project teams. The candidate must also be able to identify and confirm technical design risks, and develop mitigating approaches. The candidate must also have experience providing level of effort estimates for technical portion of solutions.
The candidate will work across many different areas in close collaboration with non-technical colleagues as well as across other technical teams. This means that communication skills and the ability to describe technical issues in non-technical terms are particularly important.
As a Salesforce Technical Architect, you will have oversight of and work within a single Implementation Team, but may be required to provide technical input to multiple projects.
The Salesforce Technical Architect will:
Collaborate with Functional team to determine how best to implement solution (decisions around declarative vs programmatic vs AppExchange, etc).
Escalation Point for technical issues.
Solution components beyond the Salesforce platform: Expert Force.com platform knowledge, Security, Integration and data Migration as well as End to End Technical Solutions.
Play TA role on projects: typically, part-time on more than 1 project at a time.
Lead an Implementation Team (Developers, Testers, etc.) to ensure correct implementation of agreed solutions, meeting quality thresholds to agreed KPIs and working with or acting as Iteration Manager to ensure on-going review of delivery plans, while maintaining the motivation of the team.
Expert platform knowledge for Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Marketing Cloud.
· Member of the Technical Leadership Team
· Work closely with Solution Architect, assisting as necessary to agree system architecture that realizes product needs and Enterprise Architecture strategy
· Have collective and specialised responsibility for application architecture software architecture of applications and systems within the team
· Ensure the Development Team is clear on the architectural vision and approach
· Maintain and develop technical specifications in the area of expertise/specialization
· Investigate new technologies to advance the software architecture and solutions
· Take technical lead of projects
· Maintain good relationship with stakeholders
· Establishing and monitoring development timescales
· Being involved from start to finish in analysis, requirements planning, implementation, testing and deployment of live systems
· Ensuring quality in the development process and providing ongoing maintenance
· Ensure Agile/Iterative approach is understood and followed by the team
· Collective responsibility for the process from the start to the end of the life cycle of a piece of development work (from story analysis to signoff)
· Responsible for maintaining a high level of expertise in all areas of technology used (or potentially used) by the team.
Skills and Experience Required
· A minimum of 15 years of architecture experience
· A minimum of 10 years of CRM experience
· A minimum of 5 years of Salesforce experience
· Experience in designing and developing SaaS and PaaS software components
· End to End implementation experience with the Salesforce platform
· Ability to lead design sessions and communicate design options to clients
· Experience with development technologies such as Apex/VF, JAVA, .Net, Ruby, JS, jQuery
· Integration experience using both Web based technologies (Soap, Rest) and Integration/Middleware tools such as Informatica, Jitterbit and MuleSoft
· Knowledge of options and how to handle security requirements such as single sign on and data security
· Experience with Release Management, Source Control, and Deployment concepts and technologies such as ANT, SFDC Metadata API, Jenkins, SVN
· Ability to define the system landscape, to identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver a solution
· Experience developing Salesforce Lightning components is a must
· Strong problem solving and technical appreciation skills
· Excellent communication skills, both in writing and speaking
· Committed to delivery/deadlines